The Social Bicycles ‘smart-bike’ eliminates expensive dock infrastructure by placing all the technology on the bike. Our bikes are specifically designed for bike sharing, modeled on the step-through Dutch frame for safety, comfort, and ease-of-use. Components are integrated and enclosed to eliminate exposure to the elements and to debris. This reduces maintenance and replacement costs significantly. Bikes come equipped with:
- Shaft-drive transmission: No more chains!
- Internal wiring for brakes and gear shifters.
- Secure steel U-lock
- LCD display and keypad communication
- Grip bell and grip shifters with 3 speeds
- Adjustable, non-removable seat with size guides
- Integrated lighting that responds to solar panel
- Full fenders and puncture-resistant Kevlar tires
- Real-time GPS, GSM, RFID and NFC technologies